The Mini Terminal is an extension of the Trade Terminal, currently for MT4 only, designed for traders who want to concentrate on a specific market and which displays the same deal ticket as the Trade Terminal in the context of a specific trading chart.
Its deal ticket has the following key features:
- Simple fields for setting s/l, t/p and trailing stop in pips
- Pop-up calculators, e.g. for working out the lot size which corresponds to a cash risk given a particular s/l distance
- Open-position marker
- Pop-up dealing form for creating pending orders as well as market orders
- Ability to create templates for quick order entry
- Quick links for closing all positions, or all winning/losing positions
- Quick links for reversing or hedging a position
In other words, the Mini Terminal allows one-click entry for simple market orders, and two-click entry for potentially-complex pre-defined templates. These templates can also be used in the Trade Terminal and Market Manager apps.
The Mini Terminal can be undocked from its trading chart into a floating window (and this can then be made "always on top" of other windows). Therefore, the trader can continue to place orders from one small window, without having their full trading platform in front of them, while looking at other information such as news on websites or a financial model in Excel.
The Mini Terminal can also undock entire charts from MT4 - it can be used to turn a single instance of MT4 into a multi-monitor platform, allowing the user to put different trading charts on different monitors.
The Mini Terminal can also display market depth data if a broker (or their liquidity provider) is able to make it available.