The Market Manager provides full control over an account, and important market information, from one small and convenient window. The app provides the following key functionality:
- Symbol prices
- Current open position and profitability for each symbol
- Quickly switch between different groups of symbols
- Ability to place new market and pending orders
- List of open tickets
- Ability to modify existing positions and pending orders, e.g. change the s/l
- Account metrics such as equity and free margin, with gauges showing profit and margin usage in graphical terms
- Overview of recent price movements on a symbol over multiple timeframes
In other words, the small Market Manager window provides a gateway to all aspects of account management, without a trader needing to have their full trading platform in front of them at all times. Like other FX Blue Labs apps, the Market Manager window can be made "always on top" so that the trader can keep it in view while using other applications such as their web browser.
The Market Manager shares its order-entry form and order templates with other trading apps from FX Blue Labs. Quick-entry templates which are created in the Trade Terminal or Mini Terminal can also be used in the Market Manager, again providing two-click placement of complex order entries. (Templates created in the Market Manager are correspondingly available in the Trade Terminal and Mini Terminal.)
Similarly, the Market Manager shares its order-modification window with the Trade Terminal and Mini Terminal: the trader can alter an open position (or pending order) using the same range of options which are available when first opening it. For example, the trader can set a new s/l by specifying a cash risk rather than having to enter the corresponding price.
Rather than duplicating the charting facilities which are provided by the underlying trading platform, the Market Manager instead provides a single compact window which summarises recent price movements on a symbol over multiple time periods:
- Bar charts of recent movements on M5, M15, and H1
- Gauges showing the current price in relation to the high low over the last 60 minutes, 24 hours, and 5 days
- Tick chart
As a final refinement, the Market Manager automatically modifies its font size to fit the user's choice of window size: traders no longer have to make do with a market watch in 8pt or 10pt type if they prefer something larger!
FX Blue Labs can provide videos about each app. Broker clients can either use generic un-branded videos, like this example, or can commission branded versions which FX Blue Labs will arrange and pass on at-cost from the video company.
The app is available for the following platforms: