Tick Chart Trader
The Tick Chart Trader app displays a variety of types of tick chart, with ultra-fast order entry and exit via single mouse-clicks or keyboard shortcuts. It is ideal for clients who want to place very short term trades, entering and exiting the market rapidly several times in the course of a trading session.
The app provides five different tick-chart views for different styles of trader:
- Simple tick chart which updates every time the ask or bid price changes
- Tick chart plus tick speed: shows bars indicating how long the last N ticks have taken to form, indicating market activity
- Timed: the chart updates on every tick, but the X-axis is time-based and thus indicates the difference between busy and quiet periods
- Candles: the app displays OHLC candles, but based on a number of ticks rather than a time period (e.g. 20-tick bars)
- Versus: shows the changing movements of two markets against each other
Market orders can be placed either by clicking on the ask or bid price, or by using the keyboard shortcuts B and S. For ultra-fast order entry, the trader can choose to allow the Ctrl key to place orders without confirmation. Ctrl+click or a keyboard shortcut such as Ctrl+B then places an order instantly, without any confirmation or user interface pop-up.
FX Blue Labs can provide videos about each app. Broker clients can either use generic un-branded videos, like this example, or can commission branded versions which FX Blue Labs will arrange and pass on at-cost from the video company.
The app is available for the following platforms: